Questions, Comments, Problems (Dennis McCormick, Listserv Moderator)
Once you have subscribed, simply address your e-mail messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no warranty that every question will be answered. The Tucson Computer Society is not responsible for the accuracy of any response, nor any consequential damage when anyone attempts to implement the advice given by one of its members.
- Individual e-mails (received into your e-mail inbox)
- Daily digest form (sent daily or a couple times a day to your email inbox), depending on Listserv traffic)
- View online, at your convenience, from the Yahoo site http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/tcslst/… if you have registered with Yahoo. This method can also be chosen when you go on vacation, without having to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the Listserv.
Following are instructions to subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your method of delivery for Listserv messages.
|Action Desired||To achieve the desired action, send an e-mail message that contains your full name and TCS member number to|
|To change your subscribe to digest email@example.com|
|To temporarily suspend message firstname.lastname@example.org|
|To un-suspend message delivery or to change from digest to individual email@example.com|
|To unsubscribe from the list firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Send message to TCS list email@example.com|
Please review the process required for changing your e-mail address.
Important: The address from which you send the message must match your subscribed address. For example, if you change you e-mail domain/provider, you cannot change the subscription that went to your old e-mail address by sending a message containing your new address from your old e-mail domain/provider.
What to Do When Your E-mail Address Changes
In order to read Listserv messages using your new address, you must:
- Unsubscribe your old address by sending a message that contains your full name and member number FROM your old e-mail address TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then subscribe your new address by sending a message that contains your full name and member number FROM your new e-mail address TO email@example.com
If you lose the ability to send e-mail from the old address before you’re able to unsubscribe, contact the Listserv Moderator. If you send e-mail to the Listserv Moderator, please include your full name and TCS member number.
How to Register to View Messages on the Yahoo site
Viewing online at the Yahoo site is available only if you register at Yahoo Groups. To register, first acquire a login ID at Yahoogroups.com. For secure identification of users, Yahoo Groups requires that a cookie be stored on the user’s computer, so your browser security options must be set to allow for cookies. Only the cookies for logging in and logging out need be accepted to authenticate the user.
IMPORTANT: See our Privacy Disclaimer, which follows. Privacy Disclaimer
If you attempt to use the Web version of our Listserv, Yahoo will intercept this Web access and ask you to “register.” Part of the “registration” process includes their request for demographic information which has nothing to do with Listserv utilization; information such as gender and employment status. We recommend that if you sign up, do not give Yahoo your actual age, employment, or other demographic information unless you feel completely comfortable releasing such private information.